Wednesday 21 April 2010

tropical

Cherry and coconut cake:



225g butter
225g caster sugar
4 eggs beaten
225g self-raising flour
200g glace cherries, halved
100g dessicated coconut

Cream the butter and sugar, then gradually add the eggs. Sift the flour and gently fold in, then fold in the cherries and coconut. I'm sure there's a technique for getting the cherries to stay evenly distributed in the cake during baking, but I'm afraid I don't know it! Bake in a lined loaf tin for an hour at 180 degrees celcius. If the cake starts to brown on top, just cover with tinfoil. Leave in the tin for 15 minutes to cool. Delicious with a cold glass of milk.

2 comments:

Where the nodding violets grow said...

I think you coat the cherries in flour to keep them evenly distributed. It is such a long time ago that I made one. I hope it works.

Where the nodding violets grow said...

An update to my last comment. I tried your cake which was utterly delicious but my tip for the cherries didn't work at all. Sorry.